Chocolate, yellow, carrot, spice, banana or the ultimate – Red Velvet. Cake doesn’t discriminate, it loves us all equally. And we should reciprocate the love.
As you can tell, I love cake. Alot. I think cake is a cure all for most that ails your soul. Think I’m joking –
- Feeling sad? Eat chocolate cake. Everyone knows chocolate makes you feel better. Duh….
- Feeling happy? Eat butter yellow cake, preferably with milk chocolate frosting. Seriously, its the happiest cake ever. And hello, its buttery…. and the Ultimate Goddess Paula Dean said EVERYTHING tastes better with a stick of butter!
- Having family over for dinner? Carrot Cake, definitely. It will fulfill the vegetable quota.
- Baby shower? Banana cake, hands down. Bananas help with nausea and cake helps with the sweet craving.
- Having the girls over for coffee? Spice cake of course. It will bring out the subtle notes of the coffee and its not for kids….cuz its spicy!
- Allergic to flour? Well Cheesecake is made just for you! Especially the kind that comes from The Cheesecake Factory. I mean seriously, the flavors alone will make you not eat actual food and since its cheeses, technically you have fulfilled your dairy quota for the day!
- Celebrating, well, anything? Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Icing – no nuts. Ever. Period.
Hmmm, I think I need to celebrate something real soon because my cake levels are dangerously low…….anyone baking?
And since we are talking about baking, what is your favorite cake recipe? I would love to try it!